Cookies are small text files generated by the web pages you visit, which contain session data that may be useful later in the web page. The data allows the web page to maintain its information between the pages, and also to analyze the way of interacting with the site.
Cookies are safe because they can only store information that was put in place by the browser, which is information that the user has entered in the browser or that is included in the page request. They cannot execute code and cannot be used to access your computer.
Cookies are essential for the operation of the internet, providing innumerable advantages in the provision of interactive services, facilitating navigation and usability of the web. Cookies cannot damage your computer and being activated helps to identify and resolve errors.
Below, we provide more information so that you can better understand the different types of cookies that can be used:
– Session Cookies: these are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of the browser until the web page is left, so none is recorded on the user’s hard drive. The information obtained through these cookies is used to analyze traffic patterns on the web. In the long run, this allows providing a better experience to improve the content and facilitate its use.
– Permanent cookies: they are stored on the hard disk and the web page reads them every time a new visit is made. Despite its name, a permanent website has a specific expiration date. The cookie will stop working after that date. They are used, generally, to facilitate the different services offered by the web pages. Next, we publish a list of the main cookies used on our websites, distinguishing:
– Strictly necessary cookies, such as those that are used for correct navigation or those that allow the payment of goods or services requested by the user or cookies that serves to ensure that the content of the website is effectively loaded.
– Third-party cookies, such as those used by social networks, or external content supplements.
– Analytical cookies for periodic maintenance purposes and, in order to guarantee the best possible service to the user, with which the websites collect statistical data of the activity.
Management of cookies:
All Internet browsers allow you to limit the behavior of a cookie or disable cookies within the settings or browser options. The steps to do it are different for each browser, being able to find instructions in the help menu of your browser. Many browsers allow you to activate a private mode through which cookies are always deleted after the visit. Depending on each browser, this private mode can have different names.